Reuben is 6 weeks old and we have finally got a fairly consistent going to bed ritual. We feed him, wash his face, change his diaper, and then rock him and read.
The first few weeks, we read the book Pajama Time (thanks Heidi).
This week we started reading Where the Red Fern Grows. Hollie cried while reading the first chapter to him and Colby worried that it may be "too sad" a story for such a little man. Terri M. assured us that Reuben could handle it and inflection while reading was a good thing. So, we are on page 17 today and he is pretty cute while being read to... he crinkles his forehead and looks intently at the reader.... we are totally enamored with this little man! 
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Bedtime Ritual
Labels: Bedtime Books, Development
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I cannot believe he is already a month and a half old. I love the blog! What good parents to be reading to him already. He is darling! He must be a good mixture of his parents because he doesn't look exactly like either one of you. I can see a little Pettersson in him though. I need to come see him!!
Post a Comment