Friday, October 17, 2008

Bedtime Ritual

While she hates to admit this--Reuben's dad was right, Where the Red Fern Grows was a very sad book to read before bed. In addition to making Reuben's mom cry, there was an unsavory part of the book where the local bully gets fatally wounded and as bad luck would have it, the bully was named Reuben... So, we took a break and only read short board books for a while. However, this week, Reuben's dad started a new book, Shane by Jack Schaefer, which according to the front cover is "the unforgettable novel about a boy's love and a gunman's struggle to escape his past"

2 comments:

Heather said...

Too bad about the bully being named Reuben. It's been so long since I read that book that I had forgotten that little detail. LOL! You guys are such good parents to be reading novels to little Reuben already. He's going to grow up to be smart like his mommy and daddy.

The Sumsions said...

We just watched Where the Red Fern grows on PBS about a week ago and I never noticed that bully's name, and forgot that he died. I LOVE the new pic of baby having his first snow experience. Very precious!