Thursday, October 2, 2008

Parental Guilt

This week has been an eventful one for the Reubster:

1). On Sunday, his momma was cutting his finger nails. She was using specially purchased baby nail clippers that came with this fabulous description "Product Description: Innovative safe-grip design, with stop edge and side guards for security and comfort. Secure grip for the parent, protects baby's fingers. From birth." and she cut his little thumb. It was HORRIBLE! He cried and it bled and now, 5 days later, mom still feels HORRIBLE!

2). On Tuesday, Reuben's baby school teacher (Ms. Cheryl) called with the news that he had a "low grade fever"--so Reuben's momma and dad took him to the pediatrician. He has an ear infection and requires medication... Reuben's dad feels HORRIBLE because he is the one who brought a pesky cold home and infected the family, or so he thinks.

3). In addition to giving people HUGE gummy smiles, this week--Reuben has started to giggle and laugh. The sad part is Reub's momma forgot to write down the date of his first social smile... lesson learned... write things down because new parent brains are not very good at remembering dates.

HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY TOMORROW--LITTLE MAN!


Again, this picture was blurred for family viewing.... or Mom needs to learn how to take a photo that is actually in focus... geez!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, the parental guilt is a killer isn't it? I'd love to reassure you and tell you that it gets better, but that would be a lie. I hope his ears and his little fingers are feeling better.

Amie said...

Hollie - I was doing some blog stalking when I found your blog. I love when I find old school mates. You look really good. Reuben is so cute. Congratulations. It looks like you are doing well. I'll have to peek in on you from time to time.

-Amie (peck)